Friday, June 5, 2009

Four weeks already!

WoW the past four weeks have flown by like a bullet train. Of those who didn't know I was even pregnant or the few that still do not know I have already had the baby. Thomas Garrison joined our family on May 8th. He was a little guy (for me) at 7lbs 11oz. Perfect in every way. He looks exactly like his sister to me but a wee bit different in the eyes. Which clued "nurse" or "freak mother" mom into a very early diagnosis.


Thomas has Down Syndrome, otherwise known has Trisomy 21. He has that extra special gene. Which at this age mainly means he is weak from poor muscle tone. They call it hypotonic. His muscles feel like dough, nice and soft ( just like his momma). He just started this week to really be able to hold his head up. yay baby steps!

Over 50% of Downs babies have a heart defect of some nature. Thomas does not. We are very blessed with that piece of news. During his sonogram the tech spend several minutes looking at his strong heart. That few minutes turned out to be great comfort when his heart health was in question, I just knew he would be okay.

I am so thankful to have such an awesome mother who has helped me in every way possible to survive bringing home a new baby. Red loves her grandmother and has no problem not having her mom or dad for days, if that means she has her gandma. When asked the first few days if someone could hold her new brother she would tell them "no". She has gotten over that a bit but she sure loves to love on him.
Cousin Avee came to see the baby and at the rip age of four figured out to do all that she loves to do at one time. Master multi tasker!
Thank you to everyone for your gifts and blessings. I am blessed to know so many wonderful people.

8 comments:

  1. I just want to jump through the screen and smoosh that sweet little thing.

    Well, that's what I was feeling and thinking, right up until the end of the post. Then there was a rapid succession of thoughts/emotions. It went like this, "Ohh, look at that sweet baby, ahahahaha! Avee, on the ipod...wait! I remember that picture, that's my thigh, Oh NO YOU DIH-UNT!"

    Yeah, you can call me vain, but how about you post a picture of YOUR thigh on the blog, and see how well you focus on everything else...

    I love those sweet babies of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thigh is in dark denim which makes it look slimmer and tone:) BTW you spilled the beans it could have been anyones thigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I actually have some great thigh pictures. Camera should NOT be allowed in the delievry room:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, he's beautiful! We look forward to watching him grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious is he?!? You did good, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE HIM!! BEAUTIFUL!!! YAY!!

    Nobo's leg is HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He. Is. BEAUTIFUL!

    Congratulations on your newest bundle of love. I wish for you good health, happiness and hopefully soon, a solid night's sleep.

    Although I still haven't had one and Henry's almost two... so don't bank on that one too soon. Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped by Nobody's when y'all were in town last and saw your sweet little boy. I wanted to snuggle him too, but he was asleep. I just watched him instead. I have no idea where you were at the time...

    Is this sort of weird to post since I've never posted on your blog before?

    ReplyDelete