Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blame Facebook

Sorry I have been away. To calm the deafening call for a post. I shall post. I have continued working three to four days a week which has been to say the least all consuming. My employer has now filled all open positions so I have been reduced to one day a week starting this week. So sad, I needed just a few more healthy checks to get a few more things done around here.
Segway
I live on one of the main roads in town. I have a cute house, with a cute large lot but it is smack in the middle of busy! We have had four drunk drivers in the last year and a half challenge several of the light poles in the center of the road which happens to be within 50-100 feet of my front door. Only one being a fatality thank heavens. But this sport of pole shattering/ car crushing at 3 am really causes quit a ruckus. The poles are cement but they shatter on impact creating a "debri field". I decided with this last one, that I feel for the first responders to constantly be awaken ( fireman sleep at night if they can) for some dumb a$$ drunk driving accident. They create such a senseless mess not even talking about the great loss of life or loss of quality of life it causes. The fatality accident out front has caused me to become greatly paranoid for night driving and to say the least BITTER. When are people going to get it.
Segway
Just this past week, I heard the now familiar noise of a car wreck out front. It was only 930 pm but it jerked me out of my bed waking the baby etc. I run to the front door to see what was up, find that it is a full blown police chase where the fugitives have baled and are on the run. PANIC hits. LOCK the house down NOW. My dear camera ready brother is taping the whole thing, my husband is standing in the driveway talking on his cellphone. ( Yes police were running past him and he stayed on the phone......nice) Anyhow as I am screaming at him to get in the house you nut, the helicopter is lighting up my whole yard and the neighbors back yard. (nice) My biggest fear in life is a hostage situation from this exact type of situation. For the length of about four houses nothing but three jurisdictions of police officers vehicles lit up the street. PLUS the helicopter. These two guys did not have a chance to get away thank heavens. But I guess it was a long hard fought fast police chase through out the city at 9 pm. Which brings me to what I have to say about the matter. I hate police chases!!! Anyone that even trys to out run the law should be put on death row. PERIOD! It should not be a slap on the wrist ever. We have already lost a 16 year old only child to a police chase this past year 1.5 miles down on my street. I do not blame the police ( I can't tori reads my post) ( no really I can't) they have a job to do. I personally do not know the whole story in police chases but I am positive they do not "start" with out good cause.
Segway
If you vote me Governor I will make sure these two offenses are prosecuted to the fullness of my new law. DEATH ROW. I will build nice little cells for them.....out in the weather.

This is one of the clip crazy brother captured from front door. There is some foul cop language but I promise you will watch it more than once. If you look close you can see my husband in the driveway checking out the noise and the police running by for the second guy. Within minutes of the door shutting all the back up showed up.


Thank you NCS for the use of segway, even if I did use it differently or just plain wrong:)

I am sure I have more on my platform when I run for Governor, but for now this will do.

5 comments:

  1. awesome footage... yeah that's where we live.. it's funny how your husband is so calm in the middle of that stuff... proves it happens all the time.

    send me word when the little on is here

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great footage!!
    Just for the record- Sei's department does not allow chases more than 15 mph over the speed limit because they don't want to endanger others- which makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My dear camera ready brother is taping the whole thing..." That's just like guys, isn't.
    Us mom types are like "quick, save the children, seal the house!" and the guys are all "oooh, lights" :)

    Sorry about all that crap happening so close to your super cute house :( Very scary.
    ITA with you: People who run from the police should be put away for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori- we have that rule around here too, but I think it gets broken due to the nature of the business. I just think it should be known if you run it won't just be a slap on the wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooh, I love what the girl cop called the dude. I wanna be a cop now. I think it's totally justifiable if your calling them by their real name.

    I can't really tell anything, but I just want you to know, that I probably would have beat the living tar out of D and L for being so cavalier. Of course, I may overreact at times.

    Your segways were funny.

    Your platforms are good. Institute a plan to pay stay at home mom's to stay at home, and I'll move to your state and totally vote for you.

    p.s. if you throw in a little religious wingnut attitude, I think it will help.

    ReplyDelete